Thursday, May 3, 2012

Determination.

Determination: the act of coming to a decision or settling a purpose.

Today I came to a decision. and now have a purpose. 
So years ago I wanted to beat my brother at a sport. Hayden has always been better at everything. He was the grand athlete my family wanted. As for me I was the uncoordinated little girl who had tried all these things and pretty much failed. 
basketball: I only scored 4 points in the 4 or 5 seasons I played as a little girl
softball: 1 camp of that and I gave up
gymnastics: 6 months and I quit
cheerleading: 1 season,  I can't even do a cartwheel.
So yeah I was just this dorky little girl who couldn't do anything. But, when Hayden signed up for golf lessons, I knew this was gonna be my thing. I would beat him at that.
So that's what I did, I played golf and enjoyed it a lot.

I'm getting off track so lets fast forward to today, errr, last season. So last season I worked my way up to a player who played in every match we had for my high school. It was hard work, but worth it. I once even got up to third! I wanted forth so bad but just couldn't keep it. 

So today we had spring practice. I hadn't played since the last day of the season last year. This being said I sucked. Then I saw it. Those clubs I was dying to get. The ones I worked my tail off to earn and the ones I planned on getting. They just sat there in my face. It was the only thing I looked forward to that year in golf. 

I would just go get the same clubs, except one thing...I knew I had told this girl I wanted them. She knew I was getting new clubs THOSE CLUBS. Even worse she got new clubs last season. So please tell me how it feels to have everything given to you? I'm sure it's great. 

So here I am sitting at practice with my old crappy "beginning clubs" I have had for years. I hit them knowing that I had no chance of getting the clubs I wanted as everyone said "oh snap you got new clubs! There so nice!" yeah I know they are. I begin to hit and think about all the things I was gonna do to make myself better than new clubs.

Here they are:
1) Shoot under 100 when I play 18 by the end of the summer (I know thats not great but I haven't played long )
2) By the end of the season shot in the lower 40s 
3) Become number 4 on our team...at the very least.

So I am determined. I want y'all to hold me to this.

Have a good day! -Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment